General Information About BEAS KUND TREK
Beas Kund trek is one of the famous treks in the Indian Himalaya in Himachal. It is one of the best Himalayan treks to experience the nature from closet. Beas Kund trek gives beautiful views of the Friends Peak and Hanuman Tibba Peak in Dhauladhar Range. Bakkar Thach is the beautiful meadow on the trek. The one of the most popular short trek passes through Solang Valley. The beginning of its course, it splits into numerous streams; some of which are formed by the melting of glaciers. Other small tributaries of the parent stream arise from a small yet spellbinding alpine lake.
Day 01 - Drive to Dhundi via Solang Valley and Trek to Bakarthach (1 hrs drive & 5 kms trek, 4-5 hrs)
Our representative will meet you Manali Bus Stand. Our representative will receive you at Manali Bus Stand. Then we will lead you a hotel/ upper guest for refreshing. After quick briefing session and breakfast we will start to Solang nala. From Manali a drive of 20 kms via Solang Nala takes us to Dhundi which is the starting point of our trek. The entire route after Solang nala offers spectacular views of snowcapped mountains. From Solang Nala the route is through forest of oak, fir and walnuts. The peaks visible en-route are Deo Tibba 6001 mtrs and Indrasan peak 6220 mtrs. From Dhundi we trek for 5 kms to Bakrathatch (3270m).
Please note that the route from Solang Nala to Dhundi is closed for normal usage due to govt. project work . We will apply for the vehicle permission which is subject to approval. In case our vehicle is not allowed to cross the barrier we will walk from Solang Nala to Dhundi . This is a level walk of 8 kms along the right bank of river Beas.
Day 02 - Trek from Bakrathatch to Beas Kund ( 3 Kms Trek )
After breaking camps early we climb gently to Beas Kund . The route is through boulders and rocks in summers & through snow in winters . After a trek of 4-5 hours we will see the beautiful lake of Beas Kund. This lake is believed to be the source of River Beas. Beas kund is also the base camp for summit peaks like Friendship, Ladakhi & Shitidhar. Our today's Camp will be near Beas Kund.
Day 03 - Trek from Beas Kund to Dhundi ( 8 Kms Trek ) & Drive to Manali
Today we descend to Dhundi by the same route . From Dhundi Drive to Manali.
Please note that the route from Solang Nala to Dhundi is closed for normal usage due to govt. project work. We will apply for the vehicle permission which is subject to approval. In case our vehicle is not allowed to cross the barrier we will walk from Dhundi to Solang Nala & Board vehicle from Solang Nala. This is a level walk of 8 kms along the right bank of river Beas. You will be dropped at Manali bus stand by late evening.
This Beas Kund Trek includes the following:
- Experienced English-speaking local guide.
- All camping equipment including state-of-the-art high altitude sleeping bags, waterproof tents and trek mattresses.
- Camping accommodation as per the program on double / triple sharing.
- Freshly cooked, delicious vegetarian meals as per the itinerary.
- Safe storage to store your luggage while you are on your trek.
- Complimentary access to Evergreenadcon’s reading lounge to rest after the trek and a washroom to freshen up if available.
The Beas Kund Trek does not include the following:
- Permit Fee for foreigners.
- Trekking Poles, Jackets, Boots etc.
- Any Deviation or detour.
- Cost Escalation due to natural reason.
- Anything which is not a part of our inclusions.
Things to Carry for BEAS KUND TREK
- Shirts / T-shirts – 2/3
- Jeans / Trekking Pants - 2
- Windproof jacket of decent quality (no flimsy wind cheaters please!) preferably with a hood
- Warm and thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater
- Thermal inner wear (upper & lower)
- Woollen cap
- Woollen gloves
- Woollen socks & regular socks (3-4 pairs)
- Scarf/muffler (optional)
- Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
- Lightweight floaters/sandals/slippers
- Raincoat / Poncho
- Small light weight towel
- Water bottle (sturdy ones, no empty Bisleri bottles!!)
- Cap / Hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
- Sun glasses
- Walking stick / Trekking pole
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Lip Balm
- Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
- Personal toiletries
- Books, if you like reading
- Day pack/small bag which you will carry on your back every day and keep your essentials in it
- Carry rain cover for your bags
- Keep a few poly bags or waterproof bags in your bag in which if required you can put your belongings in case of heavy rain
- Camera if you like (with fully charged batteries)
|Start Date||Start Day||End Date||End Day||No. of Nights||No. of Days||Seats Left|