General Information About Kedarkantha Trek
Kedarkantha is all around the year trek. The kedarkantha trek takes you on a memorable journey starting with the Govind National Park which is a treasure house of flora and fauna such as leopards, bears, musk deers and many birds! The uniqueness of the trek lies in the way that it mixes with the beautiful sceneries when you move along. Kedarkantha is a 12,500 ft high mountain summit in Garhwal region of Uttarakhand. In April there will be snow on the higher reaches and later in summer the meadows will be full of flowers. Area has some of the most beautiful forests it was good experience this is valley of God. Shiva, Ganpati, over the top small Temple Kedarkantha summit Shiv and Ganpati.
Day 01 - Dehradun – Sankri (2000m)
After arrival 7:00 AM at Bus stand/ railway station, our representative leads you to lodge/ guest house for refreshment. We will drive to Sankri, via Mussourrie, alongside the Yamuna and Tons rivers. The drive also passes by beautiful pine forests. On reaching Sankri, we will explore the scenic hamlet to prepare for the trek that lies ahead and overnight stay at Sankri. Meal or snacks on arrival at campsite. Basecamp exploration followed by Dinner.
Day 02 - Sankri (2000m) – Juda-ka-Talab (2700m) – Shepherd campsite (2900m)
After breakfast SankriToJudakatalab by Trek, (5kmt) (3/4 Hrs) Juda ta talab (2700mt) on an even surface through thick forests, with a few water falls on the way. Dinner and overnight stay at Judakatalab almost, perfect setting as a camp site with large talab surrounded by tree line in tent at the camping.
Day 03 - Shepherd camp (2900m) – Base of KedarKantha (3400m)
After breakfast from- Juda Lake To Base Kedarkanta (4kmt), (3/4 hrs) after breakfast start trek to, to Bainya (kedarkanta base camp 3400mt). You could either opt for the steep climb of BainyaThach, which is a path with beautiful views, or Dinner and overnight stay at the Kedarkanta Base camp site in tent.
Day 04 - Base camp (3400m) – KedarKantha (3800m) – Juda-ka-Talab (2700m)
After breakfast from- Kedarkanta (Bainya base To Kedarkantha Summit (3812mtr) by trek 7km harganothach (4/5hrs) On Kedarkanta (3812mt) mountains, with packed lunch, to Pokhrolathach on a gradual ascent that offers excellent views of the snow-covered mountains and vast valleys with huge water falls. The area is home to a number of rare species of Himalayan birds, Animal All Forest area and flowers, and is full of birch and spruce. After the last steep climb of the beautiful Swargarohini, Harkidun Valley and Kalanage / black Pick stands tall overlooking this Valley of Lord Shiva. Back to camp site Dinner and overnight stay at the camping at tent.
Day 05 - Harganothach to Sankri by Trek (1920mt)
After breakfast we trek fromHargano to Sankri done to apple orchid The Beautiful, Valley an Out of area to view some hats and Har-ki-Dun Valley and The beautiful Swargarohini Peak (6387Mt.) overnight stay at the Hotel.
Day 06 - After breakfast Sankri to Dehradun drive (210km)
We drop you to the Railway station / Bus-stand for further journey.
This Kedarkantha Trekking includes the following:
- Experienced English & Hindi speaking local guide.
- All camping equipment including state-of-the-art high altitude sleeping bags, waterproof tents and trek mattresses.
- Mules to carry central equipment.
- Camping accommodation as per the program on double / triple sharing.
- Freshly cooked, delicious vegetarian meals as per the itinerary.
- Safe storage to store your luggage while you are on your trek.
- Meeting and assistance on arrival by the company representative.
- Driver’s expenses, parking charges, toll taxes, necessary govt permits.
- All applicable taxes.
The Kedarkantha Trekking does not include the following:
- Additional equipment (sleeping bag, backpack).
- Additional items and meals such as snacks and extra drinks.
- Meals during transit.
- Ponies and porter for personal luggage, additional ponies @Rs 500/day.
- Airfares or fares.
- Health and travel insurance.
- Personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, room heater charges, alcoholic, and non-alcoholic, beverages, mineral water, room service, tea, coffee etc.
- Any train fare/air fare unless specified.
- Tips & any other expenses not mentioned in Tour Itinerary.
Things to Carry for Kedarkantha Trekking
- Poncho, Rain Coat or Umbrella any one is must.
- Backpack (Min 55 Ltrs)
- Floaters or Sandals
- Trekking Shoes
- 2 Pairs of Quick Dry Tees and Track Pants
- 3 Pair of Socks
- 2 pairs of woolen socks
- 2 Full Sleeve Sweater or Fleece Jacket
- One down feather Jacket
- Sun Cap
- One Scarf
- Light towel
- Lip Balm
- Cold Cream & Sun Screen (SPF 40+)
- Water Bottle 1 Lt
- Headlamp or torch with fresh pair of batteries
- Personal Toilet Kit and toilet paper
- Personal Medicine Kit
- Dark Sunglasses
- Trekking Pole
- CAMERA with huge memory card and fully charged with extra batteries !
|Start Date||Start Day||End Date||End Day||No. of Nights||No. of Days||Seats Left|