Area Covered: Manali - Rohtang Pass – Keylong – Manali
About the Tour:
Get ready to ride on one of the most thrilling & outrageously beautiful trails in India! If travelling is your passion and exploring the nature is a task then this short customized tour is for you. Manali to Keylong cycling expedition is a not only scenic ride but thrilling also. Riders will have the option of crossing Rohtang Pass and when you cross the pass you start feeling the Tibetan culture effect. Though this may not seem great for on road cyclist but off road cycling has its own thrill. You will traverse through different level Manali (2050 mtr), Rohtang Pass (3978 mtr) &Keylong (3080 mtr), in distance 130 Kms that makes it more challenging and joyous.
Day 01 - Manali (elevation 2050 mtr)
On arrival our representative receives you at Manali Bus Stand and leads you to Hotel. Check-in time is 12:00PM (early check-in is subject to availability of room). This day is basically reserved for you to rest and acclimatize to high altitude. In the afternoon, we will have chance to stroll around it for acclimatization. Thereafter, we will visit Hadimba Temple, a Manu Temple, Manali Club, Mall Road etc. Stay at night in a hotel of Manali.
Day 02 - Manali- Marhi (uphill to camp at marhi 35 km, 5-6 hr, elevation gain 1250m)
After Breakfast we start for the days around 7:00 AM. This is first stretch of the ride and it takes you from the thick forestation of cedar and towering pine trees. The climatic temperature drops when you move up. From last village Kothi we cycle sharp bends and ascend to our camp at Marhi. We end the day short of Rohtang pass in Marhi and pitch tents for the night.
Day 03 - Marhi - Sissu (The First Pass Rohtang, MarhiSissu 53kms, 5-6 Hours, Elevation Gain 1600m)
This will be a new experience for you. Morning at Marhi is extremely fresh and vies are stunning, today we follow the zig- zag roads to Rohtang La (3978 m). This will be the first mountain pass, Rohtang La pass. Here you can play in the snow. This is a must see destination whoever thinks about Manali onwards expedition. After reaching the pass, we continue to descend to Khoksar village. We reach to Koksar after 19 Kms downhill cycling, the place to register yourselves and the place to eat also.This 18 kms short of our tonight tent pitching place ‘Sissu’. The pirpanjal range over looks it. The potato fields are looming green. The pass is spread in a huge area and the road from the pass to another side is extremely nice in the beginning.
Day 04 - Sissu - Keylong ('Lahaul' 35 Km, 4-5Hr, Elevation Gain 600 m)
Now we are at elevation of 3120 mtr. We start cycling on the Shore of Chenab River. Now we are in the Lahoul valley, here we see two different religions under one roof, Buddhism and Hindu. The road moves along the biggest river of the state, Chandra and through Sissu and Gondhla, we reach Tandi on the foot hills if PirPanjal Ranges. Tandi is the meeting point of two rivers, Chandra (coming from Spiti valley) and Bhaga (coming from Baralacha), the both rivers meet here and flow towards Pakistan with the name of Chinab. We see the ruins of Gondhla Fort before reaching Tandi and from there; Keylong is one more hour ride. Now stay in hotel/ guest house in Keylong. You can also plan to visit Lahaul&Spiti Tribal Museum.
Day 05 - Explore Keylong and Return to Manali
Today we start early 7:00 AM in the morning.Keylong has Buddhist monasteries, site scenes and local market to explore. We will visit the famous Kardang Monastery and local market. Post brunch we start for Manali by 11:00 AM and drop you at Manali Bus Stand there by 4:30 PM for your further journey filled with sweet memories.
- Accommodation: on twin sharing basis as indicated.
- Meals: Breakfast, packed/hot lunch and dinner, snacks at all locations.
- Mineral Water.
- Two Nutrition halts during the cycling course everyday.
- Support Vehicle.
- Mechanic support.
- An equipped vehicle with oxygen cylinder, high altitude first aid kit.
- A well-marked route
- A strong member crew for daily operations.
- Sport Mountain Bike.
- Travel Insurance: It is your responsibility to obtain a suitable travel insurance policy covering your personal health, personal belongings and it must cover you whilst riding large capacity motorcycles as a means of transport.
- Your Food and accommodation in Delhi.
- Airport transfer in Delhi.
- Alcoholic Beverage.
- Any Expenses of Personal Nature (tips, Phone etc).
- Cost of Major bike repairs in case of any damage.
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions.
What to be Bring:
- Good quality Helmet.
- Water proof riding gear to ride in cold conditions which protects you in unlikely spill (such as leather pants or jeans).
- Rain gear, if riding gear is not water proof.
- High Factor sun Screen Lotion.
- Riding boots or hiking boots.
- Water Bottle.
- Riding gloves.
- Wind proof and water proof trousers and jackets.
- Balaclava to keep dust out of your nose and mouth.
- Warm Fleece 10’c sleeping bag.
- Spare set of spectacles if applicable.
- Torch Light.
- 6 pass port size photos.
- Personal Medicine.
- Small Bag (Day sack).
|Start Date||Start Day||End Date||End Day||No. of Nights||No. of Days||Seats Left|